Try these articles:
• going green at home, being environmentally friendly
• keep mosquitoes out of your home and yard
• waterproofing your basement
• how to avoid foreclosure and keep your home
• security, alarm systems for your home
• sunroom or solarium: a bright addition
• remodeling your kitchen
• which home mortgage loan is best for you
• determine your home's value for selling
• find two more hours in every day.
10 Rules Of Housecleaning
(have a good laugh on us)
Here are some tips to remember, which should make cleaning your house easier--or at least more fun!
1. Don't vacuum too often— it weakens the carpet fibers. Say this with a serious face, and shudder delicately whenever anyone mentions Carpet Fresh.
2. If disturbed, dust bunnies cannot evolve into dust rhinos. Rename the area under the couch "The Galapagos Islands," and claim an ecological exemption.
3. Layers of dirty film on windows and screens provide a helpful filter against harmful and aging rays from the sun. Call it an SPF factor of 5, and leave it alone.
4. Cobwebs artfully draped over lampshades reduce the glare from the bulb, thereby creating a romantic atmosphere. If your husband points out that the light fixtures need dusting, simply look affronted and exclaim, "What? And spoil the mood?"
5. In a pinch, you can always claim that the haphazard tower of unread magazines and newspapers next to your chair provides the valuable Feng Shui aspect of a tiger, thereby reducing your vulnerability. Roll your eyes when you say this.
6. Explain away the mound of pet hair brushed up against the doorways by claiming you are collecting it there to use for stuffing hand-sewn play animals for underprivileged children.
7. If unexpected company is coming, pile everything unsightly into one room and close the door. As you show your guests through your tidy home, rattle the door knob vigorously, fake a growl and say, "I'd love you to see our Den, but Fluffy hates to be disturbed, and the shots are SO expensive."
8. If dusting is REALLY out of control, simply place a showy urn on the coffee table and insist that "THIS is where Grandma wanted us to scatter her ashes."
9. Don't bother repainting. Simply scribble lightly over a dirty wall with an assortment of crayons, and try to muster a glint of tears as you say, "Junior did this the week before that unspeakable accident. I haven't had the heart to clean it."
10. Mix one-quarter cup pine-scented household cleaner with four cups of water in a spray bottle. Mist the air lightly. Leave dampened rags in conspicuous locations. Develop an exhausted look, throw yourself onto the couch, and sigh, "I clean and I clean, and I still don't get anywhere."
Hey, it's better than actually CLEANING!
You'll find real tips on the following:
Sunroom or Solarium Additions: Bringing the Outdoors In
Sunrooms have become very popular additions to today's home. The design brings the homeowner closer to the outdoors, but with all the coziness and comfort of an indoor room.
Which Home Mortgage Loan Is Best: Get Your Questions Answered!
With today's lower mortgage interest rates, many homeowners are looking to refinance their first mortgage on their home, sometimes to incorporate a second mortgage or home equity loan.
Find Time for What You Love
Learn the secrets of mastering time, and you will finally be able to have the life you have been dreaming about.
Waterproofing Your Basement
Don't let standing water ruin your possessions and expose your family to the side effects of mold and mildew. Learn to water proof your basement yourself.
Finding time for what you love